Reservations for Lake MacDonald > Many Glacier

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Ably Done

Reservations for Lake MacDonald > Many Glacier

Post by Ably Done »

We will be staying at Lake MacDonald Lodge on June 28 and then going to Many Glacier Lodge on June 29th for 7 dayas.

Is it ok for us to reserve a place on the red jittney when we get there on June 28th?

Thanks.

Country Boy
Ref

Red Busses

Post by Ref »

If you're worrying about the busses selling out, I think you should be okay. But I also think you can make an advance reservation as well, just to be sure.

So, what have you got planned for your seven days in the Many Glacier area? Is this your first time?

Hockey Ref
Ably Done

Yes

Post by Ably Done »

Hi Hockey Ref,

Yes this is our Trip of a Life Time...Our First Time at Glacier.

My wife and I will be doing day trips from the Lodge and are very excited since we have been planning this for well over a year.

We are of course open to suggestions of all sorts from anyone.

You post often so you probably know the do's and don'ts of it all.

We welcome any advice.

Enjoy.

Country Boy
Hockey Ref
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Advice

Post by Hockey Ref »

I, along with many others here, am happy to offer suggestions and advice. Just let us know what you are interested in doing. Since you are staying several nights at MGH, I assume you aren't going to do any camping or backcountry hiking. But what about day-hiking? If so, any particular distances or levels of difficulty? Or are you more into sightseeing from your vehicle? Would you be interested in horseback trips? Boat rides on the lakes? There are lots of options, so just let us know where your interests lie.
Hockey Ref

"No man lies on his death bed wishing he'd spent more time at the office...or getting chemo."

Return to “Road Information and Transportation”