North Fork morning ...

Have you had a good, bad or indifferent experience at a restaurant in the Glacier area? Let us know about it right here!

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

pitamakan
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

North Fork morning ...

Post by pitamakan »

I want to state for the record that the new sausage gravy breakfast sandwich at the Polebridge Mercantile is the most perfect food ever devised by humankind.

That is all. :arrow:
Pocketlint

Re: North Fork morning ...

Post by Pocketlint »

ROFLAMO!!!!!!!!

pocketlint :wink:

PS
EDIT ADD:
I'm laughing because I grew up in the South on stuff like good sausage gravy.
daveparker
Hiking With Angels
Hiking With Angels
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by daveparker »

Working where I do these days, I can assure you, it is not a homemade gravy! It comes from a bag!

:|
pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

daveparker wrote:Working where I do these days, I can assure you, it is not a homemade gravy! It comes from a bag!

:|
Yep ... totally OK with that. :arrow:
Jen

Post by Jen »

I can Pm you my shipping address. Please forward to The Merc.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
liketohike
2.1 Donator
2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by liketohike »

I was set on having a sweet pastry this summer, but now I'm torn...I may just have to try both (pastry to go?) :)
another thing to patiently wait for ...
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

liketohike wrote:...I may just have to try both (pastry to go?) :)
The pastries are wrapped tightly in klingwrap. They'll stay good for 24+ hours...trust me :mrgreen:

pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

Sorry I didn't save you any baked goods, Jen, but I did photograph a mountain for you this morning:

pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

liketohike wrote:I was set on having a sweet pastry this summer, but now I'm torn...I may just have to try both (pastry to go?) :)
Go ahead and eat them both! if you're going hiking, you'll want the extra carbs. :)
Jen

Post by Jen »

pitamakan wrote:Sorry I didn't save you any baked goods, Jen, but I did photograph a mountain for you this morning:

The retrospective falsification must be setting in because I thought for a milisecond that I might climb Rainbow again someday. :roll:
pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

Jen wrote: The retrospective falsification must be setting in because I thought for a milisecond that I might climb Rainbow again someday. :roll:
Never say never!!
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

liketohike wrote:I was set on having a sweet pastry this summer, but now I'm torn...I may just have to try both (pastry to go?) :)
"A sweet pastry"!? Does ANYONE ever leave the Merc with only one? (If so, they either have a lot less imagination, a lot more self-discipline, or a much smaller pack than I do!)

Me, I usually leave with a two or three of their savory breadroll thingies (which, BTW, make perfect, no-fuss trail lunches) AND a couple of pastries. And yes, many types will last two or three days if kept well wrapped -- assuming, of course, you can control yourself and not scarf 'em down sooner! :wink:
Pocketlint

Post by Pocketlint »

joybird wrote:
"A sweet pastry"!? Does ANYONE ever leave the Merc with only one? (If so, they either have a lot less imagination, a lot more self-discipline, or a much smaller pack than I do!)

Me, I usually leave with a two or three of their savory breadroll thingies (which, BTW, make perfect, no-fuss trail lunches) AND a couple of pastries. And yes, many types will last two or three days if kept well wrapped -- assuming, of course, you can control yourself and not scarf 'em down sooner! :wink:
Ummmm sometimes I leave with just one....but if I buy two, then it takes supreme discipline to get the 2nd one home uneaten!
I didn't get up there until 4:30PM today...
But I still was able to get the next to last cinnamon bun :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: http://youtu.be/sAOCXbdL8OY 15 second clip 8)
Flannery said it was very busy Sunday. They hadn't expected that many people. "Like July in May" she said.
They sold out of virtually everything.

I saw a lot of rafters today.
Littlejohn Dsgn

Post by Littlejohn Dsgn »

Good to know about the sausage and gravey, we had a ham and egg sandwich when we were there and loved it, also had a chicken bacon lunch sandwich that was to die for.

Our first stop there, we grabbed a lunch sandwich and a pastry for ourselves and our daughter got a cinnamon roll. We made it all the way back to Apgar before we looked at each other and said "well that was dumb". Needless to say we went back the next morning lol. 2 trips to Polebridge on a 3 day trip.

Last night while talking travel plans with my parents (they just came back from an Alaska cruise), my daughter told them we would be hitting the Merc before we even set up camp .... had to correct her that it would be the next morning .... she was so disapointed lol.

Just think if they started shipping via next day air :)
joybird
Donator
Donator

Post by joybird »

Pocketlint wrote:
joybird wrote:
"A sweet pastry"!? Does ANYONE ever leave the Merc with only one?
Ummmm sometimes I leave with just one....

OK. So maybe some of you locals can manage it. But only because you get there a LOT more often than the rest of us.
(Go ahead, rub it in...) :wink:

Return to “Restaurant Reviews and Recomendations”