Granite Park Chalet video 2011 and Ranger Mike Sanger about 2003 fire

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

tibber
2.0 Donator
2.0 Donator
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Granite Park Chalet video 2011 and Ranger Mike Sanger about 2003 fire

Post by tibber »

A cousin of Ranger Sanger had watched my video on the Granite Park Chalet from 2011 and remarked that his cousin, Ranger Mike Sanger had passed this Sept 2023 :( . I didn't know Mike was from Great Falls and Belt, Montana. He was the resident Ranger at the Chalet for several years. Anyway, I decided to remake the old video and add some of our hike up The Loop in 2011 (and the hike to get water) with all that snow that was still around on July 24. Also, I was at the Chalet July 24th this year, twenty years after the 2003 fire so it seemed a good time to remake the video.

I added additional facts about the big snow year and 2003 fire. I like to say, grab a beverage and a snack :popcorn: for my longer videos, in this case, 30 minutes. If you do watch and would like to offer any commentary, let me know. I would like to send this to Kathy and Kevin at the Chalet as I think it's a good memory to share. I've already spent many, many hours but I can still edit the video if you think there are some changes I should make.

Thank you for your time.
As always, Tibber

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”