Image Upload Settings Changes

A place to talk about Glacier in general, if you have something that is political, please post it in the "Politics" section of the chat system.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

FuzzySideDown
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Image Upload Settings Changes

Post by FuzzySideDown »

Hey gang....

I think I found a settings change that will make uploading images much easier.... I think....

Currently, there's a hard maximum file size limit of 500 Kb, which is fine and all, but lets be honest here... it means you likely need to pre-shrink all of your images... And while it's not terribly hard to do, it's still a pain in butt every time you want to upload an image.

I'm changing the max file size limit to 20 MB which should cover almost any image, I would think... Let me know if it does not.
I'm then adding a 1200x1200 pixel dimension limit. That then is what will limit the files size, but it will do so by resizing the image for you, so you should be able to upload any size image and not worry about resizing it ahead of time.

If anyone sees any issue with this, please let me know, but I'm hoping this makes it much more convenient to upload images on a whim....

Thanks gang!
Cheers!

Kyle....

Example of a 4 MB image auto shrunk to 267 Kb at 1200x1200 pix ... It may have been a bad example image with the wavy lines from the tent screen, but you get the idea on the resizing I hope.
IMG-4622-Original.jpg
IMG-4622-Original.jpg (267.6 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
🧊🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Re: Image Upload Settings Changes

Post by teapot57 »

Excellent improvement! Trip reports just got a whole lot easier. Thanks, Kyle.
FuzzySideDown
Site Admin & Donator
Site Admin & Donator
Gender?: Male

Re: Image Upload Settings Changes

Post by FuzzySideDown »

Additionally, regarding uploaded images that sometime get rotated differently than you expect, there's now a way to fix that your self. There's now a little "rotate" button in the attachments section of a post. It's small, but it's there. The red arrow is pointing to it in the image below. Then you can click the image to rotate it to how you want. Let me know if you have any questions....

Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 9.22.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-09-12 at 9.22.45 PM.png (338.25 KiB) Viewed 1743 times

Cheers!
Thanks!
Kyle...
🧊🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Return to “General Glacier Discussion”