Vibram five fingers sizes

Well, what's the best and what's the worst? Let's talk about all those things we carry to make our trips more comfortable...

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Vibram five fingers sizes

Post by isleroyaleguy »

For those you have used the Vibrams, how do they fit? do the sizes run small or big. Is a tighter fit better?
Thanks
IRG
pitamakan

Re: Vibram five fingers sizes

Post by pitamakan »

I'm a huge fan of the Vibrams -- they've actually become my primary day-hike footwear the last couple of years. I've got three pair of them now.

They need to fit fairly snug, but not to the point where your longest toe is at all compressed. Depending on the model, a size that seems just slightly tight at first will likely be a perfect fit after break-in.

Different models of the Vibrams have a slightly different fit, so if you can, it's a really good idea to find a place where you can actually try on the specific model you're thinking about buying.

And enjoy them ... they're great! Despite the funny looks you sometimes get. :)

Mark
smahurin

Post by smahurin »

Agree you do want them snug (but not overtight as pitamakan said).

I too have started using them pretty frequently due to some knee issues I've developed and they seem to help. They are goofy looking as can be, but what do I care. If they help my knees I'm all in.
pitamakan

Post by pitamakan »

Yeah, using them has helped my knees and REALLY helped my ankles ... I'm more sure-footed now, and with less discomfort. I've used them for short overnights, and for day hikes up to about 18 miles or so with no problems.

And they're getting common enough out here that the number of funny looks has really started dropping. :)
isleroyaleguy
Donator
Donator

Post by isleroyaleguy »

Just got mine and I love them. They were tight to get on the first time but after wearing for awhile it is much easier to put on. Very comfortable. I will have to wait until spring to try them on a rocky surface. All we have now is snow. They will replace my Crocs but they are slightly heavier but pack smaller.
IRG

Return to “Backpacking Gear and Such”