Apgar Village Lodge vs Village Inn at Apgar

General Lodging information.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

FlyEaglesFly

Apgar Village Lodge vs Village Inn at Apgar

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

I'm deciding between Apgar village lodge & the village inn at Apgar for our first & last night's stay at GNP.
Can anyone suggest one over the other??
I'd be interested in kayaking Lake McDonald & trying out the Apgar lookout trail. Either one more convenient for these?
I like the thought of having the great view with the inn, but I also like the idea of the cabins (less noise).
This site has been great & I'd like to say thanks to everyone who's responded to my other postings
calicotraveler
Gender?: Female
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Apgar Village Lodge vs Village Inn at Apgar

Post by calicotraveler »

We've stayed at Apgar Village Lodge 6 times and are really happy with it. The nice thing about this place is that you can rent individual cabins which are more quiet than the Village inn at Apgar which is a two story motel style place. Both places are right next to eachother so they are both convienient to boating on Lake MacDonald or the Apgar Lookout trail. It's also a good location for the Avalanche Lake trail.

See pictures below of the Apgar Village Lodge cabin we have stayed in. The cabins have a full kitchen.

Image]
The mountains are calling and I must go.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

Thanks Calico, that makes my decision easy!
Tara

Post by Tara »

The lodge has motel rooms too...they are very clean if not fancy, somewhat rustic. They were certainly comfortable and we just wanted to eat at Eddie's anyway!
Kathy
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by Kathy »

I've stayed in both and literally would flip a coin. The Village Inn has a sunrise you can see by simply sitting up in bed and pulling back the curtain.....or is very convenient for sitting on the beach at night and watching the stars and Milky Way and moon. I've actually seen Northern Lights (very faint, but still pretty) by simply lookin' out the room's picture window. The Apgar Village Lodge does have great cabins and depending on the time of year, it's lovely to take an early morning walk down to the creek and follow it around to the beach in front of the Village Inn. I guess we're slightly partial to the Village Inn for the view, but IMO, ya really can't go wrong with either one.
"You never really leave a place you love....part of it you take with you, leaving a part of yourself behind."
So....Live well. - Laugh often. - Love much.----And get to Glacier as often as you can!
ngalam1@yahoo.com

Post by ngalam1@yahoo.com »

Stay away from Apgar Village Lodge! They have this ridiculous cancellation policy where you have only 30 days to cancel. After that, they keep HALF your money if you cancel. Highway robbery! These places are always sold out. Why do they have such a greedy policy?? Disgraceful.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by llholmes1948 »

ngalam1@yahoo.com wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:52 am Stay away from Apgar Village Lodge! They have this ridiculous cancellation policy where you have only 30 days to cancel. After that, they keep HALF your money if you cancel. Highway robbery! These places are always sold out. Why do they have such a greedy policy?? Disgraceful.
Thanks for the warning about Apgar Village Lodge.

When advising people about visiting Glacier, I always warn people to check the cancellation policy before making their reservations. I started to do this after noticing the Glacier Haven cancellation policy some years ago. Cancel less than 31 days and they keep your entire payment. That policy continues to be in effect.

The last time I checked some places such as Glacier Highland, Circle R, and Mountain Pine have quite customer-friendly cancellation policies. That was a few years ago so I am not certain that it is still true.

Lyman
brindledog
Donator
Donator

Post by brindledog »

That is unfortunate - especially given that any cancellation will likely be scooped up within days, if not hours.
Aarav
Gender?: Male

Post by Aarav »

When choosing between Apgar Village Lodge and Village Inn at Apgar in Glacier National Park, it comes down to personal preferences. Apgar Village Lodge offers cozy, rustic cabins with beautiful surroundings, ideal for a more secluded and nature-immersive experience. Village Inn at Apgar, on the other hand, provides modern amenities and a central location, great for those who prefer convenience and accessibility. Both options offer a unique experience in this stunning national park, so it depends on your priorities.
Nadine77

Post by Nadine77 »

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help simplify your decision. :right on: Nrega Job Card List

Return to “Lodging”