Belly River to Granite Park Permit Available

Are you a seasoned hiker, or just starting out? Let us know your questions or experience with the backcountry permit process.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

Thgrover
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Belly River to Granite Park Permit Available

Post by Thgrover »

I won a permit for 8 in this years backcountry lottery. Campsites are Cosley, Stoney Indian, 50 mountain, granite park. First night is cosley Tuesday august 1. Looks like we will likely have four people and so the other four person permit of the trip is available for anyone interested. Catch is that we need someone to help set the shuttle and you’ll have to pay for the permit. Message or comment if you want it!
Attachments
F6543A6F-1F20-4029-BD7C-9DFE7956AAE0.jpeg
VGplay

Re: Belly River to Granite Park Permit Available

Post by VGplay »

Looks like we'll be passing each other between Fifty Mountain and Stony Indian! My group is starting this same route on the 1st but in reverse. Good luck finding a taker!
paul
Donator
Donator

Post by paul »

Looks like a nice permit, I'll be out there a week later or so.
We are in the mountains and the mountains are in us. - John Muir
orin
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Post by orin »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the current procedure for transferring a permit? When I picked up my Belly River permit at the end of June I had to show ID that matched their records. In the past they sent out a permit notification and I would just take it with me to the office. Having it in hand was enough for them and I informally transferred a couple of permits over the years without difficulty. My impression is that they have tightened up the new system.
Ipasha Jen
Gender?: Female

Post by Ipasha Jen »

It sounds like Thgrover and vgplay could work out a car key swap if needed? Just a suggestion :)
Thgrover

Post by Thgrover »

orin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:29 pm Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the current procedure for transferring a permit? When I picked up my Belly River permit at the end of June I had to show ID that matched their records. In the past they sent out a permit notification and I would just take it with me to the office. Having it in hand was enough for them and I informally transferred a couple of permits over the years without difficulty. My impression is that they have tightened up the new system.
I’m not sure, I assume in this case I’d give it to someone when we picked it up at the ranger station since it is de facto split into two four person permits and I can only be trip leader on one of them.
paul
Donator
Donator

Post by paul »

In the past, when I gave my permit to a friend all I had to do was call the backcountry office and tell them I wanted to give the permit to someone. I gave them his name, number and email address. I believe they might have asked me for some kind of verification that I was who I claimed to be.

I'm not sure how it might work now since things are handled by rec.gov
We are in the mountains and the mountains are in us. - John Muir
teapot57
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Female

Post by teapot57 »

Very nice of you to offer!

Return to “Backcountry Permits”