Inside North Fork Road - 2023

Transportation can be a challenge in Glacier. If you have ideas, offer ride shares, or used a commercial service that you were happy with, let everyone know. Also, ask questions about road information, or share road information you may have.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Inside North Fork Road - 2023

Post by llholmes1948 »

I am afraid that I have not paid much attention to this the past few years but is the Inside North Fork Road now open in the summer all the way between Fish Creek and Polebridge or is there still a portion of the road between these points where it is impassable and closed?

If it will be open this summer I assume that between Apgar and Polebridge, it is still much faster to take the Camas Road and the Outside North Fork Road than the Inside North Fork Road.

Thanks,
Lyman
Ear Mountain
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Moderator & 2.1 Donator
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Re: Inside North Fork Road - 2023

Post by Ear Mountain »

llholmes1948 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:38 am...is the Inside North Fork Road now open in the summer all the way between Fish Creek and Polebridge or is there still a portion of the road between these points where it is impassable and closed?...
The inside North Fork road has been closed between Fish Creek and the Logging Ranger Station for quite a few years. AFAIK it will remain closed this summer.
Text and photos Copyright 2007-2023.
llholmes1948
Donator
Donator
Please add the numbers(11): 0

Re: Inside North Fork Road - 2023

Post by llholmes1948 »

Ralph,
Thanks very much for that update and information.
Lyman

Return to “Road Information and Transportation”