Desert, Yosmite, 3 Bears and some traffic advice.

This area is for discussions about what ever, personal chats are okay in this section, so if you have something you want to talk about that is non-park related, feel free to talk about it here.

Moderators: teapot57, Tara

thorn726
Gender?: Male
Please add the numbers(11): 11

Desert, Yosmite, 3 Bears and some traffic advice.

Post by thorn726 »

we are down to only two weeks until our Glacier trip and have been doing as much as possible in the meantime to keep from going crazy about it... so we drove all weekend last week. this quick trip went really well and in addition to some ok footage of a momma bear with 2 cubs digging into a log and scenes Park Enthusiasts might appreciate, this video has some info relevant to any Park or Forest visit. The bears are the last minute of the video. While showing some very nice scenery I talk about driving in the Park at the start and then again from 6:20 to the end. In between is just us being lazy in the desert. We've done a good amount of hiking and backpacking in Yosemite and drive across the park several times a year for 10 yrs, this is only our second bear sighting. It was a pretty big deal for us... We were on our way out, these were only a few miles from the Park exit. Very Lucky to have gotten to observe them, what a way to end a weekend.// the most relevant info i cant say enough is Park Off Pavement.. people were stopping in Very Unsafe spots and parking half way in the road until i spoke up loudly. A photo of a bear is not worth a wrecked car or worse, and there is probably safe parking 100 yds down the road... Also when it is crowded, get your shot quickly and let the next person have your space. Ok i dont know if many of you are interested in the rest of this video but the mom and cubs are a lot of fun...

Return to “Non Park Specific Topics”